Michael J. BovairdLoan Officer NMLS#: 223593
Contact me firstname.lastname@example.org
Location: All of New Jersey, NJ
Our forward-thinking team is committed to helping our clients obtain real estate financing tailored to their personal needs and goals. Over 20 years we have built a reputation based on exceptional customer service, responsible lending practices, a solid infrastructure and a team of experts comprised of the very best talent in the industry. We offer our employees a competitive health benefits plan, tools to build a strong career, extensive and ongoing training, an entrepreneurial environment, and opportunities for career growth.
• Responsible for underwriting residential loans ensuring compliance with appropriate company and investor standards.
• Examining loan documents for accuracy and completeness while working with loan originator or production staff to secure all required documents.
• Coordinate with management on loan exceptions • Respond directly to individual and investor audits.
• Experience reading and understanding guidelines
• Working knowledge of compliance and regulatory issues
• 3 to 5 years experience as a mortgage production underwriter
• Strong analytic skills
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Must have excellent problem solving skills
• Thorough understanding of credit and an ability to review complex financial documents
• Ability to assess an individual's creditworthiness while adhering to all regulatory and compliance requirements
• Ability to make credit recommendations
• Commitment to teamwork
• Ability to meet production, quality and service standards along with providing direct coaching and feedback to ensure quality
• Ability to work in a fast-paced, high volume environment, while practicing sound lending judgment
• Must be able to assess the information obtained and determine if it validates the information used to qualify the borrower
• Ability to work independently producing results in a timely manner
• Must possess strong organization skills • Must have a working knowledge of computer applications
• Underwriting certifications a plus but not required
• Understanding of secondary market a plus